2019 – Present
Full Stack Web Developer
Nodes & Links
I do end-to-end software development, using latest technologies to deliver innovative and modern capabilities on our cloud product. I focus on feature development, quality testing, security, product reliability and maintenance releases.
Our mission is to empower organisations across all domains to tame project complexity. Our technology lets you understand the risks that stem from complex interactions within your projects and provides you with the information you need to act. Together, we enable what was before, impossible.
2014 – 2019
DevOps Engineer – Full Stack Web Developer
Main role is to target product delivery, quality testing, feature development and maintenance releases in order to improve reliability , security and provide faster development and deployment cycles.
• Day-to-day development, support and monitoring of our production servers and network environment.
• Continuing development of automated solutions to monitor and support our website development, deployment and release processes (scripting with Shell & Ruby, Ansible, Vagrant)
• Debugging and maintain a complex high availability & multi Linux Servers AWS environment (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SES, IAM, Lambda , API Gateway, VPC, KMS and other services)
• Infrastructure & application monitoring: God, AWS Cloud Watch
• Security protocols and configuration: authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI , SSL, NPN, OCSP.
• Administering application and web servers (Unicorn, Nginx)
• Source code control: Git
• Deploying and managing databases: MySQL, Aurora.
• Provide systems support in and out of office hours.
• Develop new user-facing features.
• Build reusable code for future use.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions
• Create and deliver appropriate documentation and communication around feature(s) and process changes to impacted employees.
• Performance tuning, optimization, scalability, and data modeling to ensure efficiency of products and services.
• Code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure a high level of code quality and usage of appropriate design patterns.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
2017 – Present
Founder and Lead Developer
I have created, maintain, audit and constantly improve a site for Koupparis Signs Ltd.
Current target is to maintain an easily accessible showroom to help the marketing and growth of the business while at the same time develop an online shop/application for signs. The main target is to offer the ability for Koupparis Signs Ltd customers to design and order their signs online using the new application I am building.
The new signs application will enable a very easy and fun way of creating signs online while at the same time the user will have the ability to change several parameters (size, shape, material, fix method etc) to compare prices and decide according to their budget.
GRB Affiliate – Student Brand Manager
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT BUREAU (GRB)
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment consultancy and the website www.grb.uk.com has a never-ending need for new students and graduates to sign-up so they can connect them with the best employers out there.
In this job as a GRB Affiliate, I have been paid for each person I got signed up to the website. As a GRB Affiliate I have my own sign-up form or ‘unique link’ that looks like this: www.grb.uk.com/sbm/2770
Anyone who signs up on my form, will link back to me, they count them up and at the end of the month I get paid for all the new people I got signed-up.
Methods I have used to get signups:
• Networking within my class/societies/departments and getting emails sent out.
• Facebook or Twitter profiles telling them what GRB does and get them to sign-up.
• Signing up people face-to-face using my mobile phone/tablet
Semi-Pro badge Awarded
CHRISTOS V. KOUPPARIS LTD – CYPRUS (DURING SUMMERTIME)
The main role I had was to work on computers and especially to control the CNC router machine using 2D-CAD software and digital printing machine using (Roland VersaCAMM™ SP-300i) and Versa Work’s program.
Furthermore, my multifaceted interaction of running the company I developed several skills such as:
• Communication skills with customers as I visited them to understand their needs and solve their problems.
• Critical thinking & analytical reasoning skills as my position imposed to think and find the best possible solution a sign must be created in customer’s needs and budget.
• Technical skills & responsibility as the router machine is a very dangerous machine so you need to have your eyes open.
• Meet deadlines, as a customer requested a delivery date, so we have to finish on time.
National Guard (Specialist Technical Assistant Topographer)
CYPRUS MILITARY SERVICE
• Survival skills(fitness ,first aid, map reading )
• Team leadership – training others
• Team communication
• Time management
• Professional Knowledge
• Telecoms and decision-making skills
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
MSc Networked Computer Systems
• Operating Systems
• Database Systems
• Networked Systems
• Distributed Systems and Security
• Network and Applications Programming
• Multimedia Systems
• Mobile and Cloud Computing
• Professional practice
UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
BSc Computer Science , 2.1
• Digital Electronics (EEE1024)
• Functional Programming and Reasoning (COM1022)
• Mathematical Methods for Computing (COM1021)
• Data Structures and Algorithms (COM1020)
• Computer Technology (COM1019)
• Software Engineering (COM1018)
• Programming Fundamentals (COM1017)
• Databases And Information Modelling (COM1014)
• Foundations Of Computing (COM1006)
• Web Puplishing (COM1001)
• Object Oriented Software Engineering (COM2003)
• Professional Studies (COM2016)
• Computer Networking (COM2022)
• Web Application Development (COM2025)
• Advanced Algorithms (COM2030)
• 3D Computer Graphics (COM2012)
• Modelling and Simulation (COM2007)
• Information Retrieval (COM2010)
• Software Engineering Project (COM2027)
• Artificial Inelligence (COM2028)
• Professional Project (COM3001)
• Computer Securitry (COM3009)
• Enteprise System Development (COM3011)
• Object Orientated Design in C++ (EEE3013)
• Information Asset Management (COM3010)
• Advanced Challenges in web technologies (COM3014)
APOSTOLOS VARNAVAS LYCEUM, NICOSIA, CYPRUS
High School Apolytirion, (90.8%)
Apart from the common core courses, in graduating year I was specialising in:
• Mathematics (80%)
• Physics (75%)
• Graphic Design (100%)
• Computer Science (90%)